Friday, September 07, 2007

Reflections


The weather went from sunny and in the 90s to overcast and in the 70s in just a few days. The cooler temps remind us that it was nearly a year ago that we arrived in Rome and a short two months before we return to Madison. This has prompted us to reflect on our year here and to take stock of the things we will miss about Italy as well as what we look forward to in the States.

When we got back from dinner last night I found myself feeling a bit sad to leave behind this precious time in my life when I've been a happy newlywed woman exploring a new country.

1 comment:

Sparrow said...

Yep, I find it doesn't matter how much I know it's time to leave a place - there's always nostalgia. I miss all sorts of crazy things about places too... some random person I never knew who smiled at an enormous bouquet of dafodils I had sticking out of my bag one day in Ireland, the lady at the bakery down the street in Germany. We'll be happy to have you back this side of the pond though!